UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Jun 2011, 3:50 pm   #1
super_7b
Retired Dormant Member

Default Farnell L30 PSU

Hi,

I have one of these PSUs and it isn't performing quite right. Having had a look inside, I'm not surprised, as the caps and resistors look original and it appears to be late 1960's or very early 1970's (all the transistors are OCxx series).

I am going to replace the electrolytics and any off-value resistors, but I would like to know how to set it up properly. Has anybody got a circuit diagram, or better yet, a full manual for one of these? The one I found on this site relates to a "newer" (relatively) model with 2N transistors.

BR

Mick
Old 12th Jun 2011, 9:00 pm   #2
Stockden
Heptode

Default Re: Farnell L30 PSU

Hello Mick,

This manual shows OC type transistors in the circuit. With luck it's the one you need.

Hugh
Attached Files
File Type: pdf L30_instr.pdf (361.1 KB, 1438 views)
Old 13th Jun 2011, 7:20 pm   #3
super_7b
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Farnell L30 PSU

Thanks a load Hugh,

What a star! Exactly the model I have, an L30.

Having opened it up for a fuller inspection, it has been "repaired" by someone with what looks a hot poker at some time and a transistor had been replaced. In doing so, a couple of mounting lands have lifted and one had parted company with the track on the board. I think this is why it wasn't working correctly.

I will replace all the electrolytics while it is apart as they are dated Nov 1963 to Mar 1964. I am impressed they have held up for so long.

BR

Mick
Closed Thread