UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Aug 2023, 3:48 pm   #1
AnalogueMan
Hexode

Default Two Old Telequipment Scopes

Both of these FOC but will need to be collected somehow (Manchester) or be transported via FCS

1) Telequipment Type D 43 - PARTS DONOR
I rescued this from the back of someone's garage where it had been quietly decaying for years. The outer case is missing and one of the PCBs has a small chunk out of it, but otherwise physically complete though very scruffy. It has a Timebase TD42 and two Amplifier Type A's installed. Due to its condition there is no way I'm powering this up, but if anyone has one of these or similar and needs spares this might help you. Photos attached.
If there are particular bits someone wants I'm happy to pull those for you and junk the rest, let me know

2) Telequipment Serviscope S32A
Complete and sort-of works, someone has repaired this in the past but not finished the job. Powers up and displays a trace, timebase and Y amplifier working but trace not linear or properly centred so still needs a bit of work. Again spares or repair, might even fix it myself if nobody else wants it.

Cheers
Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TQ1A.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	283312   Click image for larger version

Name:	TQ1B.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	283313   Click image for larger version

Name:	TQ2.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	283314  
Old 15th Aug 2023, 9:12 am   #2
Alistair D
Nonode

Default Re: Two Old Telequipment Scopes

I would lov e to give the D43 a new home.

Alas I am not allowed to drive at the moment so transport would have to be via the FCS. I will put a request in the transport request section. Hopefully that will bear some fruit.

Al
Old 15th Aug 2023, 2:55 pm   #3
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Alistair I have quite a few plugin's for a D43 as well as a spare CRT. If they are of any use to you they are FOC + postage.

Andy.
Old 15th Aug 2023, 6:52 pm   #4
Alistair D
Nonode

Thanks Andy. If I can get the scope to mine then I will gladly take you up on your offer.

TIA
Al
Old 16th Aug 2023, 2:28 pm   #5
AnalogueMan
Hexode

In the absence of other interest I'll put the D43 on one side for Alastair. I have no way of getting it up to Edinburgh though so let's hope FCS can come up with something for you.
Old 16th Aug 2023, 9:52 pm   #6
stuarth
Heptode

Hi Alan

I’d like the S32A please. I’m just up the M6 (jn34) and visit my daughter in Oldham quite frequently, so collection would not be a problem.

Stuart
Old 16th Aug 2023, 10:12 pm   #7
AnalogueMan
Hexode

No problem Stuart, the S32A is yours. I also have the manual and circuit diagram for the scope, you can have those too.
PM me when you're coming over, from Heysham you'll be going right past me on the way there.
Still holding the D43 for Alistair and happy to do so pending FCS.
Cheers,
Alan
Old 17th Aug 2023, 12:26 am   #8
Jez1234
Banned

I sorted out the small serviscope one for a mate many years go and dodgy old capacitors were responsible for most problems. ECF80's almost exclusively IIRC. It worked surprisingly well after a sorting out.
Old 17th Aug 2023, 12:11 pm   #9
AnalogueMan
Hexode

Having had a brief look inside some components have been changed but there are still a handful of old caps to be seen. I'd bet just replacing those will go a long way to sorting it out.
Old 17th Aug 2023, 2:46 pm   #10
stuarth
Heptode

Thank you Alan.

Long ago, I had the earlier S32 (without the A) which was all EF80s. It also had dodgy caps, but little else wrong. I’ve regretted getting rid of it (nice simple scopes appeal to me more than my complex Tek 4xx scope), so this is my chance to redeem myself.

Are you in any rush to get it out of the way? My daughter is back from hols this weekend, and I’m likely to visit soon after (DIY jobs, toddler minding, etc). My preferred route, rather than M61, is M65, Grane Road, M66, which I think goes near you (Bury?).

If it helps, I could take the D43 a small part of the way North as FCS. M6 jn34 has a park and ride area for transshipment further North if it can be fitted into a plan to get it to Alistair. Wrong side of the country really, M1 would be better, but you never know who’s going that way.

Stuart
Old 17th Aug 2023, 2:57 pm   #11
AnalogueMan
Hexode

No hurry. And M66 is perfect. Just PM me when you've scheduled the trip and we'll sort it out.
@Alistair_D should I send the other scope up to Heysham for you or wait for further instructions?
Old 29th Aug 2023, 8:59 am   #12
stuarth
Heptode

Hi Alan. My current plans have me going to and from Oldham on Friday evening. Is this a suitable opportunity to collect the S32A scope please?

For the other scope, Alistair D doesn’t seem to have any offers of transport yet, so I’m inclined to leave that one with you. Heysham is a bit further North, but not really on the way to Alistair, and would make it more difficult for travellers on the Eastern route to help. Unless you’ve heard otherwise.

Stuart
Old 29th Aug 2023, 9:04 am   #13
AnalogueMan
Hexode

Friday's fine, pm me and I'll give you the address and directions. Might even be able to meet you just off the motorway but it depends on the time.
I pm'd Alastair but had no reply yet so we'd better leave the other scope here for now.
Cheers, Alan
Closed Thread