UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Aug 2023, 9:41 pm   #1
Samart94
Diode

Default Sanyo RP 8880 problems.

Split from this thread:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=199510

Quote:
Originally Posted by agardiner View Post
Hi All,

So I have had 4 of these complex world band sets in recently; all of them with exactly the same list of faults. There are also some on ebay listed with the same issues, so I thought it might be useful to share the repairs required.
Hi Adrian,

I have replaced all those transistors, back then about 3-4years ago. Once I had changed those transistors, FM was working but all other bands were not. I didn't indulge on the repair further. After many years, I'm trying to repair the radio again, this time I find that there is no reception on FM, but I have a jamming device and as I transmit FM tone, it picks up but it is very poor and I have to turn the volume all the way up, and I realise there are is hum as well. I have not tried aligning the radio, I have signal generators, an oscilloscope and DMM. I have never done alignment, but I would like to try it on this. Do you think the transistor which I changed back then might have lost its gain? I have yet to clean all the pots and switches. Appreciate your input and if you can shed some light on the alignment.
Closed Thread