UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Dec 2021, 12:07 am   #1
darkmatter
Tetrode

Default Wharfedale Kingsdale speakers, 15" 3 way, plus other speakers for sale Lowestoft

Wharfedale Kingsdale speakers, 15" 3 way, plus other speakers for sale Lowestoft

Had these for about 2 years but have done nothing with these since I bought them from a member here in Jan 2019, but have not had the time to do anything with them.

Based upon the original sale thread description, They are like the modern version of the Rosedale. but they are more efficient, and need a good amp to drive them. Reasonable conditions, one of the tweeters wasn't working last time they were checked, but have since sourced a spare working tweeter for them as a direct replacement, when last checked, there was some slight voice coil rub, but adjusting the magnet bolts helped out there.
These are quite unusual.
I put it up here in case someone always wanted some. including the spare tweeter they are 75.

Other loudspeakers for sale

Bowers and Wilkins DM601 S3 excellent condition audiophile 2 way standmount drivers pristine 180

Celestion Ditton 15XR teak? Very good condition few minor marks, a classic improved version of the original Ditton 15 drivers excellent 125

Monitor Audio BX2 Bronze a modern excellent speaker but with some cabinet damage previous owner for some reason screwed them onto some wall brackets, otherwise they work fine as expected 40

Wharfedale Valdus 100 4-8 ohm a small 2 way similar in size to the Wharfedale diamond great small speaker 40

I have far too many pairs of loudspeakers hence the sale!

Can send pictures by e-mail

Pickup from Lowestoft, so the prospective buyer can satisfy themselves with them before purchase.

Sorry I am unable to post

Many thanks

Simon

Last edited by darkmatter; 21st Dec 2021 at 12:12 am.
Old 21st Dec 2021, 12:08 am   #2
darkmatter
Tetrode

Default Re: Wharfedale Kingsdale speakers, 15" 3 way, plus other speakers for sale Lowestoft

Here is a picture of the Wharfedale Kingsdale speakers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wharfedale kingsdale speakers.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	248148  
Old 24th Dec 2021, 7:40 pm   #3
Paul Godley
Pentode

Default Re: Wharfedale Kingsdale speakers, 15" 3 way, plus other speakers for sale Lowestoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter View Post
Wharfedale Kingsdale speakers, 15" 3 way, plus other speakers for sale Lowestoft

Had these for about 2 years but have done nothing with these since I bought them from a member here in Jan 2019, but have not had the time to do anything with them.

Based upon the original sale thread description, They are like the modern version of the Rosedale. but they are more efficient, and need a good amp to drive them. Reasonable conditions, one of the tweeters wasn't working last time they were checked, but have since sourced a spare working tweeter for them as a direct replacement, when last checked, there was some slight voice coil rub, but adjusting the magnet bolts helped out there.
These are quite unusual.
I put it up here in case someone always wanted some. including the spare tweeter they are 75.

Bowers and Wilkins DM601 S3 excellent condition audiophile 2 way standmount drivers pristine 180

Celestion Ditton 15XR teak? Very good condition few minor marks, a classic improved version of the original Ditton 15 drivers excellent 125

Monitor Audio BX2 Bronze a modern excellent speaker but with some cabinet damage previous owner for some reason screwed them onto some wall brackets, otherwise they work fine as expected 40

Wharfedale Valdus 100 4-8 ohm a small 2 way similar in size to the Wharfedale diamond great small speaker 40

Pickup from Lowestoft, so the prospective buyer can satisfy themselves with them before purchase.

Many thanks

Simon

Hi Simon
I am interested in the Wharfdale Kingsdales.

Cheers

paul
Old 29th Dec 2021, 9:32 pm   #4
darkmatter
Tetrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Godley View Post
Hi Simon
I am interested in the Wharfdale Kingsdales.

Cheers

paul
Hi Paul,
Thank you for the reply, are you prepared to pick up?
I am some distance from you
Cheers,
Simon
Old 11th Jan 2022, 5:31 pm   #5
darkmatter
Tetrode

Price drops I need to get rid of these ASAP as we are downsizing and moving to a smaller house,sorry collection only reflected in the low prices

I put it up here in case someone always wanted some. including the spare tweeter they are 75. NOW 50

Bowers and Wilkins DM601 S3 excellent condition audiophile 2 way standmount drivers pristine 180 NOW 125

Celestion Ditton 15XR teak? Very good condition few minor marks, a classic improved version of the original Ditton 15 drivers excellent 125 NOW 70

Monitor Audio BX2 Bronze a modern excellent speaker but with some cabinet damage previous owner for some reason screwed them onto some wall brackets, otherwise they work fine as expected 40 NOW 30

Wharfedale Valdus 100 4-8 ohm a small 2 way similar in size to the Wharfedale diamond great small speaker 40 NOW 25

Many thanks

Simon
Old 18th Jan 2022, 3:34 pm   #6
darkmatter
Tetrode

All items are still for sale
Old 24th Jan 2022, 5:48 pm   #7
darkmatter
Tetrode

All items are still for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter View Post
Price drops I need to get rid of these ASAP as we are downsizing and moving to a smaller house,sorry collection only reflected in the low prices

I put it up here in case someone always wanted some. including the spare tweeter they are 75. NOW 50

Bowers and Wilkins DM601 S3 excellent condition audiophile 2 way standmount drivers pristine 180 NOW 125

Celestion Ditton 15XR teak? Very good condition few minor marks, a classic improved version of the original Ditton 15 drivers excellent 125 NOW 70

Monitor Audio BX2 Bronze a modern excellent speaker but with some cabinet damage previous owner for some reason screwed them onto some wall brackets, otherwise they work fine as expected 40 NOW 30

Wharfedale Valdus 100 4-8 ohm a small 2 way similar in size to the Wharfedale diamond great small speaker 40 NOW 25

Many thanks

Simon
Old 24th Jan 2022, 7:02 pm   #8
darkmatter
Tetrode

Will take a different tack.
Mods,
Please close and or delete this thread
Thanks,
Simon