UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Feb 2021, 5:20 pm   #1
caledonian01
Diode

Default Amstrad TS99.

Hi guys.

I imagine in the hi fi world the Amstrad TS99 is looked down on, but I save up and bought one with my first working wage. Recently I tried to get a working one, but all they seem to have a similar problem, weak signal in one channel? The first one I bought two years ago and took it too a (hi fi) repair shop in an industrial unit in Glasgow, badgered him for months got it back in a worse state. I bought another one, it had the same problem.

I decided in my wisdom to bypass the amp and put phono lines on the turntable cassette and radio and put it through an amp, it worked but a bit of a pain to operate. So I've bought another one. You see I like the fact that you can put on a record via the remote. I know the world had moved on but I am nostalgic and old, so I guess I am asking can you recommend someone I can send it to and get it fixed properly?
Old 11th Feb 2021, 5:39 pm   #2
caledonian01
Diode

Default Re: Amstrad TS99.

Hi guys, just to let you know this one all works. I made a Variac to slowly let the electrolytics reform, it seems to have worked. Just a wee belt in the cassette needed,you know the one that turns the magnet.
Closed Thread