UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 17th Sep 2007, 12:22 am   #1
Carter Cook
Retired Dormant Member

Default Small parts for vintage American radios

My wife and I will be on holiday in London during the Christmas season. If any of you in Great Britain have need of small parts from old American radios, I'd be happy to bring them tucked away in our luggage. Things such as knobs or other small internal or trim parts would fit. Perhaps with the several month's lead time remaining, together we can find the bit you've been looking for. Let me know if I can assist you.
Old 17th Sep 2007, 10:27 am   #2
howard
Nonode

Default Re: Small parts for vintage American radios

Hello Carter,

That's very kind of you. Hopefully we will be overhauling my RCA Victor 1R81 Livingston before the end of the year, it's been fine until recently but after working for around for an hour or so it starts to distort so we may well need parts from the USA.

Hope you both have a great time in London.

Howard
Old 20th Sep 2007, 10:26 pm   #3
Carter Cook
Retired Dormant Member

Hello Howard:

Let me know if I may be of help... I don't recognize the RCA Victor model number you mentioned.

We spent a Christmas season in London several years ago and enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Carter
Old 21st Sep 2007, 10:13 am   #4
howard
Nonode

Thanks Carter,

This is the 1951 RCA Victor Livingston AM/FM set ...

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...5&d=1165947060

Howard
Closed Thread