UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Dec 2019, 2:08 pm   #1
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile Where does this spring go?

Hi,
I have been dealing with a Philips EL3534A/OOA stereo four track, four speed, transistorised (and very heavy!) tape recorder. It is very complicated mechanically, and built like the proverbial brick outhouse. Well, it IS a Philips!
I have been dismantling it to clean and re-grease the myriad levers, etc. and, couple of days ago, I worked on the speed change mechanism which has a spring to pull the jockey wheel assembly upwards. Whilst taking it to bits, said spring fell out without me noticing.
I can see where the bottom end goes, but I'm blowed if I can see the top anchorage.
I THINK it fastens to a mall hole in the lever which holds the detent roller, and it works, but it slightly fouls the cam when turned to the faster speed.
I hope the photos help.
Thanks in advance'
Cheers, Pete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tape speed change 1.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	195423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tape speed 10.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	21.4 KB