UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Aug 2019, 5:32 pm   #1
Elaine Williams
Retired Dormant Member

Default Grundig TK 14 restoration

Hello, I have just joined this group and hope someone can help me. I have been gifted a Grundig TK 14 by the widow of an old colleague of mine. We worked together in local radio back in the 1970s and early 80s. It is in excellent condition and the fast wind and rewind work perfectly. However, although the Play button depresses it does not allow the tape I have on the machine to play. Any ideas as to how I might be able to correct this? Thanks for anyhelp you can offer.
Old 21st Aug 2019, 5:46 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Grundig TK 14 restoration

It's highly likely that it needs new belts if they've not been done already.
Old 5th Dec 2019, 11:15 pm   #3
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Grundig TK 14 restoration

Depends upon what you mean by Play. If the tape is not moving then make sure that the pinch roller is correctly positioned so that the tape is in firm contact with the capstan motor shaft.

If you mean no sound then could be lots of things, first make sure the playback head is clean.

DavidM
Closed Thread