UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Dec 2005, 4:04 pm   #1
alisonleegreen
Retired Dormant Member

Default Calling all vintage video collectors- Help needed

Are You into Vintage videos and recorders?
Is there anyone who can help?
I have been looking through ebay searching for prices that Betamax video and Grundig players and cassettes are making. I am also searching for people who are buying them. I have approximately 1000-1300 videocassettes, many which are pre-recordings of films, and classic tv programmes. Some are for home recording and many that are still sealed. I also have 40+ recorders off various models and ages, many which work some, are fit for spares and repairs. I am sending this email to see if there is any market or interest in such items either as a job lot of if people are searching for particular models I will split them. I am trying to clear my Grandfathers wonderful but bulky collection now that he has passed on.

Last edited by Station X; 11th Dec 2005 at 4:26 pm. Reason: email address deleted as inclusion is in breach of forum rules
Old 11th Dec 2005, 4:29 pm   #2
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Re: Calling all vintage video collectors- Help needed

Hi Allison,

You have an Email (but your email address will soon be deleted - please refer to the posting rules )

Cheers
Sean
Old 11th Dec 2005, 4:30 pm   #3
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Crikey,

Even quicker than I thought!
Old 11th Dec 2005, 4:44 pm   #4
Station X

Alison.

Welcome to the forums. Other members will be able to contact you by personal message (PM).

You are welcome to sell recorders on here, so long as you give an approximate location (people may want to collect) and an indication of price.

Graham.
Old 11th Dec 2005, 6:34 pm   #5
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Or if (as someone who is looking to clear these items and who isn't a collector/enthusiast) you have no idea what price to ask, say so and we'll accept that.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 12th Dec 2005, 2:31 am   #6
vince
Retired Dormant Member

To achieve maximum advertisement and the best price for your inherited goods, use the internet to try and valuate your items first,... there are many sources out there that will help you to realise what you may have or not that is valuable.

Get more than two opinions before parting with anything and once you have done all that you will be in a better position to sell at a decent price take your time if what you have is desirable a path will be trod well to your door, use online auctions.
Old 12th Dec 2005, 2:27 pm   #7
alisonleegreen
Retired Dormant Member

Sorry guys, realy didn't mean to ofend anyone, my location is between huddersfield, Leeds and Bradford in the West of Yorkshire. Thanks for the advice about not rushing at the first buyer, I am currently trying to put a list together but there are so many in a tight space its hard to sort between them all. Could any one tell me if there are particular models which are more rare than others. I dont know which are special or not. he seams to have duplicated many that look alike. I have found one machine that is called a sony umatic I belive that this is more industral than for personal use. As for tapes I dont no if my grandfather had a sense of order that only he could follow but there are simpley boxes and boxes of them. Again if anone knows of any that I should look out for any sujestions would be greatfully recieved.
Old 12th Dec 2005, 7:36 pm   #8
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Can you spread the stuff out enough to get a few overview photos? Then maybe some of us can spot items that may be of interest and ask you for more info on those. This just may be quicker than listing the whole lot!

If the resulting photos are bigger than 200k each (so too big for the forum) and you don't have a website to put them on, send me a PM (Privare Message - see top right of screen) and I'll host them temporarily for you.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 13th Dec 2005, 9:14 am   #9
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonleegreen
Sorry guys, really didn't mean to offend anyone, my location is between Huddersfield, Leeds and Bradford in the West of Yorkshire. Thanks for the advice about not rushing at the first buyer. I am currently trying to put a list together but there are so many in a tight space it's hard to sort between them all. Could any one tell me if there are particular models which are more rare than others. I dont know which are special or not. he seams to have duplicated many that look alike. I have found one machine that is called a Sony U-Matic. I believe that this is more industrial than for personal use. As for tapes I don't no if my grandfather had a sense of order. that only he could follow but there are simply boxes and boxes of them. Again If anyone knows of any that I should look out for any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Hi Alison
As we look out over your rooftops down in Cleckheaton, a mile down the road from here, is there anything I can do to help - documenting what you have so you can put a list together, giving you a rough idea of what is good and what is not, maybe? PM me if so.