UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 8th Oct 2022, 4:54 pm   #1
Downwind27
Tetrode

Default BT Ring Generator 2A

I have one of these with some water damage. looks like it could be repairable. Wondering if anyone has a schematic drawing.
Old 18th Oct 2022, 7:55 pm   #2
Roger Ramjet
Heptode

Default Re: BT Ring Generator 2A

Hi, These are a useful bit of kit & it would be a shame if you are unable to repair.

Never seen inside one so cannot advise but is it possible to see what components / wiring have been water damaged then repair or replace if needs be.

A piccy of the internals would be useful.

Rog
Old 24th Oct 2022, 11:40 pm   #3
matthewhouse
Octode

I don't know how extensive your damage is, the only information I have is a photo I took a while back of the PCB in one. I have a higher res photo available if you need.

The installation manual is here if you don't already have it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gen.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	266785  
Old 3rd Nov 2022, 1:33 pm   #4
Oldcodger
Nonode

I can't remember the number of those I have ( from memory therte seemed to be a few versions as cases were not identical) or even at moment find one. From memory these were used on various PABX to provide a feed for extension bells where the PABX used predominantly system phones. If so ,thanks for the info.
Closed Thread