UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 12th May 2023, 11:31 am   #1
Rejectostat
Hexode

Default 3rd June BVWTM Dulwich Garden Party

Just three weeks to go until the BVWTM Dulwich Garden Party which is 3rd June 2023. A chance to meet up with friends in a less hectic atmosphere than an auction or swapmeet. There will also be a table top sale at this event so you could come away with a summer project too!

Food is included, at a cost of £15. However this must be paid in advance, so now is the time to contact the Museum to secure your place. For more information Museum contact details are here:

https://www.bvwm.org.uk/visit.htm

(Though due to a website issue the Events page is unfortunately currently not up to date).
Old 18th May 2023, 8:38 pm   #2
Rejectostat
Hexode

Default Re: 3rd June BVWTM Dulwich Garden Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejectostat View Post

(Though due to a website issue the Events page is unfortunately currently not up to date).
Events web page now displaying correctly again.

For those thinking of travelling by train please remember that ASLEF train drivers have a strike scheduled for 3rd June, so would be best to check train operator websites etc before travel.
Old 19th May 2023, 11:47 pm   #3
petertheorgan
Hexode

I think I am correct in saying that that is the fee for tickets brought in advance and tickets brought on the door are more expensive .
I hope that is helpful
Old 20th May 2023, 10:05 am   #4
Rejectostat
Hexode

"Saturday 3rd June Garden Party Entry £15 (£20 if paid on the day) - must be booked and paid for in advance"

The above text copied from the Museum website for clarity.
Old 24th May 2023, 9:49 pm   #5
dragonser
Heptode

Hi,
I am looking forward to visiting.
thanks for the reminder about the train strike...
Old 2nd Jun 2023, 9:42 pm   #6
murphymad
Heptode

The annual Garden Party at the British Vintage Wireless & Television museum is tomorrow afternoon.

Entrance from 12:00 (midday) onwards.

There will be plenty of music on vintage technology.
Vintage TV's both pre-war and post war on into the 1970's with early colour receivers working.

A lovely relaxed garden atmosphere with drinks and food served.
The whole museum will be open to view with lots to see in working order.
The workshop will be open and there are always radio's and TV's to bring back to life.

Just a few minutes walk from West Dulwich Station.
Plenty of on road parking in Rosendale Road and the surrounding area.
It's going to be a lovely warm day so bring a hat.

See you all there.

BVW&TM
23 Rosendale Road
West Dulwich
London
SE21 8DS

Mike...
Old 3rd Jun 2023, 4:51 am   #7
TonyDuell
Dekatron

This is the first I've heard as to what will actually be happening at the museum today. Nothing on the museum's web site last time I looked. Nothing in the newsletter. And nothing here. The description 'Garden Party' did not imply any of that, and did not 'excite' me.

Had I known I would have booked and come along. But I haven't booked, so can't come
Old 3rd Jun 2023, 8:04 pm   #8
Pamphonica
Nonode

Big thanks to all involved for arranging another lovely Garden Party. Fab and ample food and drink, and a great selection of friends to chat to. I even won a small book in the raffle. And the sun shone appropriately.

Tony, it was in the Spring Museum newsletter, but it was missed out from the last BVWS Bulletin. The BVWTM website events page was only just updated a few weeks ago. I'm sorry to have missed you there today. By the way, you CAN come on the day, it just costs you a bit more!

The Garden Party is my favourite event at the Museum each year and I always try to go, mainly for a good chat, but I do occasionally pick up the odd interesting item from the sales stall!
Closed Thread