UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Mar 2023, 5:13 pm   #1
brunel
Heptode

Default Do you remember>

If you are from Yorkshire- Lincolshire, you may remember this electrical/ T.V. retailer.

Especially the "BOSS" in the two videos at the bottom of the page.

"Video thanks to Finlay"
https://www.britishrecordshoparchive.org/vallances.html
Old 28th Mar 2023, 5:52 pm   #2
m0cemdave
Octode

Default Re: Do you remember>

I certainly remember the one in Bradford, I bought a few records from them in the early 1970's.
Old 29th Mar 2023, 7:16 pm   #3
kevinaston1
Hexode

I most certainly remember them. They had a large shop on the junction of Duncan Street and Market Street in Leeds.

A good friend of mine, Paul Theakstone (ptesounds.co.uk) used to work for them at their service department in Pudsey.

Apparently, the chief engineer (Martin), was something of a marvel. The story is that when all the technicians had tried to clear up a sticky job, he would walk up and cure it in minutes. I only met him once, but he was clearly a phenominal technician.
Old 29th Mar 2023, 8:07 pm   #4
Radio Wrangler

Upperhead Row in Huddersfield.

David