UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Aug 2020, 8:43 am   #21
Bazz4CQJ
Dekatron

Default Re: Lockdown Loop Aerials

Quote:
Originally Posted by John KC0G View Post
Is this paper by Chris Trask the one which you recall?
https://web.archive.org/web/20200109...Evaluation.pdf
Hi John,
yes indeed, and very many thanks for uploading it on to the forum, as I was struggling to relocate it. I'm going to set aside some time this weekend to take a good look at it again!

B
Old 22nd Aug 2020, 9:01 pm   #22
Julesomega
Nonode

Default Re: Lockdown Loop Aerials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesomega View Post
The old favourite Si J-FETs for low noise RF applications have been supplanted by SMT types with improved performance. There is one particularly useful one designed for use in car aerial pre-amps but I'll have to search for the packet to remind me of the type number
Quote: "BF862 - N-channel junction FET - CRS: 1.9 pF; IDSS: 10 to 25 mA; IG: 10 mA; Kind: Preamplifiers for AM tuners in car radios"

Not sure why they emphasise the high ft of 715MHz as a requirement for AM reception, but this sounds like something you might want for a PA0RDT mini-whip sort of LF-HF antenna

It's good here
Closed Thread