UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Service Manuals, Circuit Diagrams and Data Sheets Wanted

Notices

Service Manuals, Circuit Diagrams and Data Sheets Wanted If you need help finding service data post a message here. Please do not request or offer data that is available from www.service-data.com

Old 10th Jul 2024, 11:45 am   #1
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Default Brian Savage Radio

Has anyone a picture of the above persons radio, built before TRD sets and I understand not up to scratch. The TRD sets were No 17 sets etc, 1940s.

Many thanks,

Last edited by HamishBoxer; 10th Jul 2024 at 11:57 am.
HamishBoxer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jul 2024, 6:53 pm   #2
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Brian Savage Radio

There is a recreation of one of the Bryan Savage radios in one of Mr.Meulstee's WFTW books.

It always fascinated me as to the suggested range of these clunky self oscillating transmitters with the HT modulated - presumably giving a mix of AM and FM - coupled with a superregen receiver of questionable frequency stability that probably depended on slope detection to recover any intelligence.
Old 10th Jul 2024, 8:09 pm   #3
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Default Re: Brian Savage Radio

Thank you, I have a pdf from vol 4 but not the picture.