UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Jan 2022, 12:46 pm   #1
Alf Fisher
Hexode

Default Wanted MC824P DIL pinouts.

Hi
I've searched the interwebulator for the data on this quad 2 input nor gate without success.
Please can anyone help?

Alf
Old 16th Jan 2022, 1:33 pm   #2
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Wanted MC824P DIL pinouts.

A tough one, but start with this databook here:

http://ww.bitsavers.org/components/m...nce_Volume.pdf

In the centre of PDF page 468 (book page 5-197) locate the 824 and note the alphabetic letters associated with the pins of each gate.

Then go to PDF page 477 (book page 5-206), locate the 824 in the table on that page - the table tells you which alpha characters on the logic diagram correspond to which physical pins on the device.

Convoluted? I think so.
Old 16th Jan 2022, 1:59 pm   #3
peterpixel
Pentode

Hi Alf,as stated already this is a tough one.I've found a pinout diagram in a Babani publication but it's minute. The pins are as follows,the first two numbers are inputs and the last is output. 1,2,3,-6,7,5,-9,10,8,-12,13,14, Vcc11 and Gnd4. Let me know if you want the layout diagram as this will require scanning and enlarging. As yet I don't have any further info. Peter.
Old 16th Jan 2022, 2:25 pm   #4
mickm3for
Heptode

Hi data sheet for mc 824 Motorola 800 series Mick
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mc824 (5).pdf (1,001.6 KB, 62 views)
Old 16th Jan 2022, 6:41 pm   #5
Alf Fisher
Hexode

Thank you SiriusHardware, Peter and Mick for all your trouble.
This is definitely the most complicated method of presenting technical data that I have ever seen. Ive got the Intel data book, the mostek data book, all five of the Texas instruments books but nothing like this.

Thanks again guys.

Alf

Mods: thread can now be closed
Closed Thread