UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Jun 2019, 8:20 am   #1
David Church
Hexode

Default GZ32's For Sale

Pair of used but good Mullard GZ32 Rectifier Valves.

Just bought some of these for my Quads but I don't need all of them (Unless I get 2 more Quads for my rears!)

Anyway, anyone want a pair? - 25 posted

or

20 and a cuppa if you want me to bring them to RWB

I will let this run for a while to be fair to all, and I will do the hat thing if more than one person is interested.
Old 14th Jun 2019, 8:32 am   #2
Stellar
Tetrode

Default Re: GZ32's For Sale

Yes please
Missed them yesterday.
Cheers
Simon
Old 14th Jun 2019, 8:47 am   #3
cathoderay57
Hexode

Hi David, please may I go in the hat? I shall be at RWB. Cheers, Jerry
Old 14th Jun 2019, 9:00 am   #4
davebms
Tetrode

Can I go in the hat please

Dave
Old 14th Jun 2019, 10:18 am   #5
David Simpson
Octode

Me thinks that's a very magnanimous offer by Dave. Should allay any suspicion by "Techman" or anyone else that either of us "Dave's" is involved with a mercenary internet wheeling/dealing business.
I'm just a pensioner & Forum member who occasionally earns a few coppers flogging valves to other vintage enthusiasts. I could've joined in the eBay expensive GZ32 "merry go round" at near 3 times or more my offered price/valve.

Regards, David
Old 14th Jun 2019, 10:48 am   #6
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Nothing wrong with that David.
Old 14th Jun 2019, 11:28 am   #7
mpegjohn
Pentode

Hi David,
Can I be put in the hat please.

Thanks,
John
Old 16th Jun 2019, 5:42 pm   #8
Techman
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Simpson View Post
Should allay any suspicion by "Techman" or anyone else that either of us "Dave's" is involved with a mercenary internet wheeling/dealing business.
Hello David Simpson, I certainly never suggested that you were 'involved' in such a thing, so I'm not too sure where you got that idea from! Also, I notice that you usually make the statement in your 'offered' posts that you don't want to see the items for sale, up for sale again at a profit elsewhere - you should say this in all your for sale posts, so I'm surprised that you didn't say it in that one.

As for the other David, it's good to see him re-offering the other valves that he doesn't need. I was originally confused as to who David was, as he'd unfortunately very recently changed his forum user name. I always find that those who change their user name confusing for a while until I get used to it. The other unfortunate thing was that the 'round' horn shape in David's 'avatar' reminded me of a similar 'round' shape in a certain other 'wheeler dealer' persons 'avatar' who used to 'hoover up' all the free stuff such as valves etc. It's funny how certain incidents tend to stick in the mind, but one that does is when a member offered a large box of valves free of charge, but for collection only as they were all loose and many were un-boxed. I well remember this person was straight onto them and asked the person to post them, which would have involved an awful lot of individual wrapping and packing, and all for no reward which he quite rightly said he wasn't prepared to do. I well remember how this certain person moaned at this refusal to pack and post!

Regarding user name changing, my own particular user name is no longer really applicable, as it was connected to my job of work at the time and I probably wouldn't chose it now, but realise that it would be confusing to everybody if I were to change it now - anyway, I can't think of another suitable name at the moment. Some would say why not use your real name, well I do in PMs, but tend to avoid it in the public forum.

Apologies to David Church if he thought it was suggested he was a dealer, obviously we all know that he isn't. However, there certainly ARE dealers here and I've certainly spotted them in the past as I expect many of us have. Let's hope my comment about the valves in that other thread perhaps make those who think they might make a fast 'buck' from the generosity of others, will now be aware that others are watching and taking note, so I stand by that comment one hundred per cent. Just for the record, I have no interest in the GZ32 valves on offer myself, as I think I already have a stash of GZ37s somewhere in the loft for my own use, probably a more capable valve, so long as the extra half amp of heater current can be accommodated, plus the slightly larger physical size can sometimes be a problem depending on where they're being used.

Last edited by Techman; 16th Jun 2019 at 5:47 pm.
Old 16th Jun 2019, 7:42 pm   #9
David Church
Hexode

Hi All

Didn't literally use a hat - used a random number generator found on google - between 1 and 5. Numbered according to posting an interest. The fifth entry was a buddy.

Number 2 came out so sorry to losers but Jerry I will pm you tomorrow and you can PayPal gift or pickup as you please.

Just for the record I have not been offended by anything or anyone, peace and love to all. (used to love the 70's)

Mods please close.

PS name change was to clarify my name in my role as BVWS membership secretary.

Cheers everyone

Dave

Last edited by David Church; 16th Jun 2019 at 7:50 pm.
Old 16th Jun 2019, 8:00 pm   #10
Techman
Nonode

Nice to see Jerry picked to receive the valves, as I've noticed in the past that he's often helped others with odd valves that they've needed, so well done to Jerry!
Closed Thread