UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 12th Aug 2009, 1:16 pm   #1
richwk1
Retired Dormant Member

Default Where to buy coloured line cord ?

Hi guys, me again thanks for the help with my last query (changing a 746 dial surround) i have another question, i have been given a two tone green 746 it has not been converted to a modern bt plug so question 1 is where can i buy a colored line cord to match.
Question 2 it looks like somebody has cleaned it with a scrubber lots of very fine scratches and quite dull in places.
Is their anything that will remove these and bring back it's shine, otherwise it is very goo nick, no chips or cracks.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Rich
Old 12th Aug 2009, 1:29 pm   #2
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Wher to buy colored line cord ????

Coloured linecords are available from here. Alternatively, rummage around some boot sales; the green 746 isn't rare and can often be had for a couple of quid - especially if scruffy.

Re the scratches; Silvo will do it, followed by a wax or spray polish and a good buffing. Perspex polish also does the job, even though the cases of these telephones aren't of that material.

The telephone will need converting for PST and I guess that will be your next question . Information on how to do that is available via the 746F/L link on this page.
Old 12th Aug 2009, 1:38 pm   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Where to buy coloured line cord ?

Rich,

Is the original line cord present? If so, it is sometimes possible to fit a modern plug to it. Let us know.

Nick.
Old 12th Aug 2009, 2:45 pm   #4
richwk1
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Nick, no the original line cord is missing. I don't suppose it matters what color a new cord is as i am going to use this phone as a test subject to learn how to rewire and fit correct transistors, clean and generally make a complete pigs ear before trying it on anything decent...
Old 12th Aug 2009, 2:49 pm   #5
richwk1
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks Darren for the link much appreciated....
Closed Thread