UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Sep 2010, 10:50 pm   #1
ALANS ANITAS
Rest in Peace

Default "The Science of the Young Ones"

Hi

Did any Forum Member see this programme broadcast shown on wednesday on BBC1 at 10.45 pm.

Two very short glimpses of a large early console colour television were shown. I think it was a Decca Chelsea, but it could have been a Baird or a Ferguson. Was it a Mike Bennett set?

Regards

ALAN
Old 24th Sep 2010, 9:20 pm   #2
TV_Madness
Pentode

Default Re: "The Science of the Young Ones"

Indeed I did.

I actually owned one of those Murphy "Acoustic Deluxe" sets and donated it to Mike some time back. This was the one in Lionel Blairs room. I think this used the same chassis as the Bush CTV182S. Obviously both Rank sets, so guess they would.

Not sure about the large console. At first I automatically assumed it was a Baird 710 series, only because I briefly saw a set of push buttons. On second thought's, I'm not actually sure it was

Any takers??

Cheers

Matt
Old 27th Sep 2010, 2:17 pm   #3
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: "The Science of the Young Ones"

Is this the one where they're all in a 1975 mock up house? if so, there was a JVC 3300 VCR, which I'm sure was made at least a year later.....
Closed Thread