UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 14th May 2012, 11:40 am   #1
Ricardo
Pentode

Default Labgear CM 6052/CB PAL Colour Bar Generator

I bought a Labgear CM 6052/CB PAL Colour Bar Generator at the NVCF yesterday. It has a switchable UHF/VHF output and is working well on UHF. At present I don't have any means of checking its output on VHF.

Anyway I have a question regarding the outputs that it provides. The main RF output connection is via a flying lead from the rear of the unit with a coax plug on the end. However there is also a coaxial socket on the rear of the unit.

Does anyone know what signal this second output provides and how it is intended to be used?

Any additional information about these units would also be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Richard
Old 14th May 2012, 12:28 pm   #2
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Default Re: Labgear CM 6052/CB PAL Colour Bar Generator

It could be a RF output or even a Aerial Input prior to feeding into an amplifier for workshop use around a number of service benches.

David
Old 14th May 2012, 9:14 pm   #3
Marconi_MPT4
Heptode

Hi Richard,

On these colour bar generators, the extra socket is for directly triggering an oscilloscope. Both horizontal and vertical signals are available and are of sufficient amplitude to obtain a satisfactory trigger with most gear.

I have a service manual for this model scanned from a photocopy received from Pye Unicam some 30 years ago, but it is too large to post here. PM me if you would like a copy.

Cheers

Rich
Old 15th May 2012, 7:03 pm   #4
Ricardo
Pentode

David,

Thanks for speculating about how the extra output on the colour bar generator might be used, but Rich has subsequently given us a more definitive answer.

Rich,

I have looked at the output from the extra socket on my oscilloscope and it certainly appears to be sync pulses only. The vertical pulses have an amplitude of about 5 volts and the horizontal ones much less, but as you say enough to act as a trigger signal.

I would very much like to have a copy of the service manual and will send you a PM.

Thanks and best regards,

Richard
Old 1st Jul 2016, 8:30 am   #5
Reginald
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconi_MPT4 View Post
I have a service manual for this model scanned from a photocopy received from Pye Unicam some 30 years ago, but it is too large to post here. PM me if you would like a copy.
Hello Rich

I live in Western Australia and recently bought a CM 6052 CB generator at a club auction (VWGC.org.au). Although Australia no longer has analogue transmission I have several vintage TVs in my collection.

The unit is working well and just needed a bit of lube on the switches and the level pot.

Would it be possible to get a copy of the manual to keep with the unit please?

Cheers
Reg Gauci
Western Australia
Old 1st Jul 2016, 3:01 pm   #6
Marconi_MPT4
Heptode

Hi Reg, PM sent.

Rich