UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 19th Jun 2020, 11:26 pm   #21
russell_w_b
Dekatron

Default Re: Outdoor Telephone 6745 - bell won't ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
'I've had a look at your Flickr pages; the Swedish Ericsson telephones stood out as I saw some on TV today.'
Ah... So That's who you are! The Ericsson is a lovely little telephone and works a treat on the PSTN. I used it as my bedside phone for years, as it has a lever that mutes the bell mechanically and gradually. When I got it I made sure I got enough spares for it!

I suppose I could've got the exchange as well but it stood in a rather large steel cabinet. No electronics, just relays and selectors. I've seen them on the telly too - I think they were quite prolific back in the 1960s.

We actually used one as a 'hot-line' to Bush House in London for when we lost incoming programme to Skelton. It was one of the grey wall-mounted instruments.

Here it is in our Apps Room, 1984, to the RHS of me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SK_apps-rm2.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	208980  

Russell W. B.
G4YLI.
Old 20th Jun 2020, 7:41 am   #22
Sparks
Heptode

Neat sets. Not dissimilar to the 706 but more streamlined and very Sixties pastel colours.

On my 6745, do you, or anyone else, know what would be connected to the connector block 3/4 at the bottom right of the phone ? The wires coming from it are green and blue but these don't correspond with the green and blue of a modern line cord as they go to different T-terminals on the board. Obviously I realise these phones were designed for hard-wiring and not the plug and jack system.
Old 20th Jun 2020, 8:53 am   #23
Pellseinydd
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
Neat sets. Not dissimilar to the 706 but more streamlined and very Sixties pastel colours.

On my 6745, do you, or anyone else, know what would be connected to the connector block 3/4 at the bottom right of the phone ? The wires coming from it are green and blue but these don't correspond with the green and blue of a modern line cord as they go to different T-terminals on the board. Obviously I realise these phones were designed for hard-wiring and not the plug and jack system.
Recall, PBX 'C' wire signalling, extension bell or 'Call exchange' on shared service line if a GPO/PO model. See for variations (from Tele 746 circuit) and other info and the circuit diagram N845 & N8745 particularly page 2 for the 'BT1 to BT4' uses.
Old 20th Jun 2020, 9:49 am   #24
Pellseinydd
Heptode

Forgot to mention - see this for the various non-PO versions with conversion details
Old 20th Jun 2020, 11:42 am   #25
Sparks
Heptode

Thankyou Pellseinydd, especially for the diagrams link. I couldn't find them yesterday.
Closed Thread