UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Jan 2022, 6:10 pm   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Valved PCB designs?

Hi!

Anyone got any home made valved PCB designs to show, not including the Chineseium pcbs and kits?

I've successfully done the one in Easy–PC for Chris Field's Telpro, now working – I'd be particularly interested if anybody has done a T & M rather than an audio one!

(If anybody wants one designing, by all means get in touch with me!)

Chris Williams
Old 13th Jan 2022, 6:17 pm   #2
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Valved PCB designs?

Designs for what, in particular?

In times-past I specified a dual-sided PCB to carry the screen-clamp-valve and voltage-regulator glow-valves for a couple of the HF linear-amps I designed, though the idea of mounting the PA valve [a Kilowatt-rated Eimac tetrode] on a PCB never occurred fo me...
Old 13th Jan 2022, 8:19 pm   #3
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Chris, do you have the valve files from Easy-pc available for download.
It would help others to use this piece of software for valve schematics

Ed
Old 13th Jan 2022, 10:02 pm   #4
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

Evening Ed!

I have to confess I didn't actually draw thermionic valved circuit diagrams in "Easy-PC" because I found Abacom's sPlan 8 so much faster and easier to use for that purpose, so I printed out the sPlan drawing file and manually measured the B9A footprint pad/hole diameters from the old Bradford PCB, so I never built an actual "Easy-PC" Thermionic Valve Library!

However, I've added that to my "Urgent To-Do" list and they'll be posted on here as soon as I can find the PCB valveholder datasheets!

Chris Williams
Old 13th Jan 2022, 10:27 pm   #5
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Thanks Chris, whilst it would be nice to be able to do valve based PCB's using the software, I think it would mostly be used for schematic capture, so the "full package" for ant particular device would not be needed

Ed
Old 14th Jan 2022, 1:01 pm   #6
ChristianFletcher
Heptode

I know that CAD programs are like a religion in that we all think ours is the best. I think we should probably try and use open source software. I haven't yet used it myself but Kicad wins hands down for bums on seats. It would be nice to collaborate with you all on projects in the future.