UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Jul 2018, 12:51 pm   #1
Top Cap
Octode

Default Website for the old Mullard Maintenance Manual.

Just found this by searching, the book I used to cut my teeth on old 1930's radios when I was a kid in short trousers. The book was given to me by an elderly sage of a gentleman but during my absence in the services it somehow was lost. Great to have it back again!
http://www.michaelclemensrailways.co...circa-1955/568
Old 24th Jul 2018, 5:49 am   #2
Kevin Hoyland
Heptode

Default Re: Website for the old Mullard Maintenance Manual.

Hello.
Thank you for for this post I have just put it in my Favourites.
Kevin.
Old 24th Jul 2018, 7:48 am   #3
Craig Sawyers
Dekatron

Excellent link - thanks!
Old 24th Jul 2018, 9:28 am   #4
peterpixel
Pentode

I bought mine from Mullard in 1959.There were a number of updates to this in the form of pink pages which came with instructions of where to fit them in order to maintain the numerical/alphabetical order.I think I got most of them and I still find it very useful.Peter.
Old 27th Jul 2018, 7:23 pm   #5
terrykc
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpixel View Post
There were a number of updates to this in the form of pink pages which came with instructions of where to fit them in order to maintain the numerical/alphabetical order.
I think you are referring to a ring binder version. From memory, wasn't it a subscription service which ensured you always had the latest data - invaluable for designers?

The one under discussion has no facility for adding pages - look at the way it is bound. You simply bought the next addition when it got out of date.
Old 27th Jul 2018, 7:47 pm   #6
Cobaltblue

I have a copy of this and the additions are pink and glued to the original pages

Cheers

Mike T
Old 28th Jul 2018, 1:43 am   #7
peterpixel
Pentode

Hello Terry, am I missing something here,the picture clearly shows a publication capable of having extra pages added by attaching to the existing pages.I think the pink pages I received were as a result of me contacting Mullard about updates.As stated by Cobaltblue,the extra pages were glued in to the original ones.I have never seen a publication of this item which prevented this.It is a still a very useful source of information.Peter.
Old 28th Jul 2018, 11:04 am   #8
barrymagrec
Octode

My (Dad`s) copy is the same, the pink stuck in pages include EL34, EL86 and OC70/71/71.

As I understand it the ring binder version was full design information for all Mullard components in multiple volumes.
Old 28th Jul 2018, 11:36 am   #9
terrykc
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpixel View Post
Hello Terry, am I missing something here,the picture clearly shows a publication capable of having extra pages added by attaching to the existing pages ...
No, Peter, the picture shows a book bound using a continuous long spiral wire. It is impossible to open the binding to insert additional pages, unlike the ring binder version. Any book can have extra pages glued onto the original pages but that isn't a design feature!

Remember, this was was only a summary of the data contained in the ring binder version which, as Barry says, came in a number of volumes due to the large number of pages devoted to each device or range of devices.
Closed Thread