UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 13th Mar 2013, 9:07 pm   #1
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default HP 54600A digital scope picture squashed

Hi all,

If you have an HP 54600A 'digitizing oscilloscope' which is experiencing a vertically squashed picture on the monochrome video monitor, make your way to the monitor PCB, locate an innocuous little 10uF/16V electrolytic (typically C608 on the PCBs on which it tends to go) and change it. That fixed mine.

There is good online availability of information for this unit generally, but the monitor diagram included in all packages that I could find does not match the one fitted in my unit: Obviously, HP / Agilent sourced monitors from a few different places.

However, mine (not the one featured in the diagrams) seems to be the version which always develops this problem - therefore, if you have this problem, you probably have the same monitor chassis as I do, in which case C608 is your prime suspect.
Closed Thread