UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 14th May 2018, 6:40 am   #1
em536716
Hexode

Default Sony TC-55 service manual/belt diagram needed!

Hi all,

Replacing the belts on my TC-55 today, all of the old ones have turned to a sticky substance... I have no clue how they attached and cannot find anything online!
Old 15th May 2018, 12:33 pm   #2
camtechman
Nonode

Default Re: Sony TC-55 service manual/belt diagram needed!

Hi em536716:

Send me a PM with your address etc and I'll send you scans of the relevant pages in the Sony TC-55 Service Manual(they're too large to put on here)

Tony
Old 11th Aug 2018, 2:49 pm   #3
vssoutlet
Retired Dormant Member

Hi, I would love it if you could send me the manual pages for changing the belts on the TC-55. I'm particularly confused with how to change the small mode belt. It seems that a whole bunch of wires are in the center of this belt. Easy to cut off the old one, but I don't know how to install a new one other than by desoldering a whole bunch of wiring.

Last edited by Station X; 11th Aug 2018 at 3:36 pm. Reason: Email address removed. Please exchange details by PM.
Old 14th Aug 2018, 10:56 pm   #4
camtechman
Nonode

Official Sony service manuals were issued to authorised Sony repairers and details for fitting drive belts were minimal or even not included (except part numbers) as, being an authorised repairer, you were expected to have the skill to work out where they fit.
Old 15th Aug 2018, 12:21 am   #5
camtechman
Nonode

Here are the 3 main pages that make any reference to drive belts (partial drawings)

Good hunting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tc55 #1.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	167571   Click image for larger version

Name:	tc55 #2.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	167572   Click image for larger version

Name:	tc55 #3.jpg