UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Oct 2020, 11:31 pm   #21
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: SEC Clock Mechanism - Repair / Replacement

Ones I've seen were parked at midday.
Old 12th Oct 2020, 9:07 am   #22
PaulR
Dekatron

A little o/t but the clock in the tower of St Lukes, the "bombed out church" in Liverpool remained stuck at something like 3:30 for very many years after the church was bombed and the clock obviously stopped when fire reached it. Several years ago the clock was restored and now runs. It is the one case where I think that a stopped clock should remain that way. It was very poignant to see the clock permanently recording the time when the church was destroyed
Old 12th Oct 2020, 9:40 am   #23
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

I have several clocks (electric and mechanical) where the dial has ghostly shadows of the hand positions where, presumably, it had stood dormant for many years.
Old 12th Oct 2020, 10:57 am   #24
Brigham
Octode

I believe Mallory's radium watch had the ghostly impression of the time burnt into the dial, when they finally found his last resting place.
Old 12th Oct 2020, 11:38 am   #25
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

A clock at Old Trafford is stopped at four minutes past three, the time of the Munich air disaster.
Closed Thread