UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 28th May 2017, 12:12 pm   #1
davidrmrhind
Retired Dormant Member

Default Frequency range - Hacker Mayflower II (RV20)

Hi

I have a Hacker Mayflower II that I fondly remember my mum having on all the time.

Now it's mine I'd love to use it on a regular basis but I am having trouble getting my preferred stations, and I'm not sure if it's because it's at a frequency beyond it's capability. I am in Australia and my local community radio broadcasts at 106.7 FM and a good classical station at 105.9. Firstly the Hacker tuning dial doesn't go that far (104 is the highest marked).

Does any one know if it will get 106+?

Apart from this it gets a good tuning onto stations lower down and the sound is lovely - deep and warm (just how I remember it).

Any help / advice would be appreciated

Regards

David
Old 28th May 2017, 2:01 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Frequency range - Hacker Mayflower II (RV20)

You should be able to tweak the oscillator trimmer to get to 106.7, though the tuning scale will no longer read correctly and you may lose the extreme LF end of the band. Make sure you know which trimmer you need to adjust, and don't randomly twiddle with things.

I can't give you detailed instructions as I've never worked on one of these, but it's a common issue with European radios made before the mid 70s.
Closed Thread