UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Jul 2021, 9:35 pm   #1
defender
Pentode

Default BUSH SRP51 and AU51

Hi all
I've just got myself the above from separate locations record player from Rochdale (I picked it up) and amp from near Bristol.
The record player was listed as just stopped working but a squirt of switch cleaner in the on off switch brought it back to life.
The amp was listed as red light not coming on but, after its Hermes journey the red light comes on and I get a bit of a hum from it.
The record deck has a Garrard 3500 deck, non stacking, just a single record.
Now down to the problem, which sockets on them do I use? and what DIN cable do I use to link them together for stereo?

Thanks
Jon
Old 28th Jul 2021, 7:17 am   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: BUSH SRP51 and AU51

You use the "Stereo" out socket. These are usually for use with a 5 pin to 5 pin DIN lead, but check the pin configuration first. The Garrard 3500 is a fully automatic stacking record deck, so is the Centre Stacking Spindle missing from it?
Old 28th Jul 2021, 8:02 am   #3
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Default Re: BUSH SRP51 and AU51

To connect the SRP51 to the AU51, for stereo reproduction, you will need to use the special 4 pin DIN socket on the SRP51.

It incorporates a pair of switching contacts (which you can see), which when the correct plug is inserted (with a spigot between two adjacent pins), open and thereby remove the s/c link between the cartridge's left and right hand outputs. Thus, only one channel is reproduced on the SRP51 and the other on the AU51.

There have been threads discussing this before and I suggest you search the forum for more details. For example:https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?p=910733
Closed Thread