UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 26th May 2015, 8:07 pm   #1
superted
Diode

Default Refurb/Service wanted - Irish Electrical Co Model 534

Hi
My wife was recently given her late grandmothers vintage radio. I have little or no knowledge of vintage radios - keen to get the set working but do not have the skills and as this has sentimental value to her not the radio to practice on!

It's a Irish Electrical Company Model 534, with SW/LW/MW
It's the same model as the one tested in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9WiTFqg50o

It's not in the best condition externally - to be honest the interest in getting it working is in its sentimental value to her!

I made what I now realise was an extremely foolish move of plugging it and turning it on yesterday. You get a good a hum, and there was a glow from the valves on the back - all the covers etc. still in place and taking note of the notices on rear to avoid electrocution. Having satisfied myself of this I fortunately turned it off, so hopefully I didn't do any or too much damage to any components!

Ideally I'd like to get someone to have a look over and check it out before turning it on again so as to prevent any damage, and to get it working. Its full of dust as well - which'd be best removed!

It has an aerial socket on the rear, but no lead was left with it.

Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions of where to take it. I'm based in Catford, South East London, but happy to drive it about as necessary.

Best
Ted

PS raised a few eyebrows when it went through the airport scanners on the way back from Ireland
Old 30th May 2015, 7:40 pm   #2
Trev757
Banned

Default Re: Refurb/Service wanted - Irish Electrical Co Model 534

Hi Ted

I'm happy to sort this for you, but am in north Bristol near the M4/M32 junction. Depends how far you want to travel.

Regards

Trevor
Closed Thread