UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Nov 2020, 10:23 pm   #1
Chittaway
Diode

Default Pioneer SA 520 display woes

Hi all,
I'm new to to this forum and hope somebody can help me out,
I have a Pioneer SA 520 amp, all works fine except for the display panel which involves speaker meters and connected items, (buttons work ok), it all worked fine before I put it away some 4 years ago.
Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated as my OCD says they should work

Cheers
Mick
Old 26th Nov 2020, 7:13 am   #2
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: Pioneer SA 520 display woes

First check for loose connectors, check switches are working correctly if there's nothing obvious then get a manual or schematic, this will hopefully help track the issue down.

Andy.
Old 26th Nov 2020, 8:45 am   #3
trsomian
Hexode

It appears to have a fluorescent display, so it may be that the supply to the display itself has failed. It seems to have a small transformer for this, so I would check the voltages around it, and, of course, don't forget to have a meter that will read AC rather than DC. The circuit diagram is available on HiFi Engine
Old 27th Nov 2020, 9:59 pm   #4
Chittaway
Diode

Thanks Diabolical Artificer,
all switches work ok, connections are tight, another reply suggests transformer for the display

Thanks trsomian
will definitely check it out I figured it could be transformer, haven't stripped it right down yet will do and check for possible dry loints
Cheers
Mick
Closed Thread