UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Dec 2018, 7:22 pm   #1
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default 'Standard' SR-V307

I know I've said that vintage TV is not my thing, but I couldn't resist buying a
'Standard' (or is it 'Standard Radio') SR-V307. This is a tiny transistorised monochrome TV. It uses a directly-heated 3" (screen diagonal) CRT with the video modulation applied to the centre-tap of the secondary of the CRT heater transformer.

It runs off 9 C cells in a holder that forms the back bottom part of the case. Mine came with a set of leaking cells in there but fortunately the holder is
undamged. No corrosion on the contacts at all.

I've not powered it up yet but it doesn't look too hard to repair.

There's not much about it on the web, but it's in the 1972 volume of R&TVS which is on my bookshelf. So I have the circuit diagram, etc.

Does anyone else have one of these sets or any other information about it.

As to what I paid fpr it, I am not sure. £20 got me that set _and_ a Bush DAC90A radio (missing the mains lead/connector but otherwise looks complete and unmangled inside).
Old 13th Dec 2018, 10:56 pm   #2
mark pirate
Dekatron

Default Re: 'Standard' SR-V307

The Standard is a cute little set and gives a crisp picture when working well.
Sounds like you got the DAC90 for a good price, the Standard was a nice little bonus!

Mark
Old 13th Dec 2018, 11:10 pm   #3
Restoration73
Nonode

I had the NTSC version badged as "Minny TV" which had a 14-position turret tuner
(channels 2-14 & U) to the right of the uhf knob which was the IF amplifier for the basic uhf tuner.
Standard Radio later got into the amateur radio market and was absorbed by Yaesu
(Standard Vertex) around 1999. They even had a factory in Shannon ROI in the mid 60's.
Old 14th Dec 2018, 5:50 am   #4
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Restoration73 : Mine is the UHF-only model but I had noticed a little PCB with a 1 transistor IF amplifier on it ('Board 2' in the service information I have) that feeds the input of the main IF amplifier ('Board 4'). I wondered if that was to replace a VHF tuner that had acted as an IF amplifier on UHF.

Mark : To be honest I was more attracted to the SR-V307 than to the DAC90A (!). Yes I know the latter is an 'iconic' design but to me it's just a 4 valve + rectifier superhet radio. The TV looks to be more interesting electronically and it _is_ cute
Old 14th Dec 2018, 12:21 pm   #5
Maarten
Dekatron

The consumer electronics branch of Standard radio went on to become Marantz a long time ago. They may have kept the Standard name on communications equipment until that branch was sold to Yaesu.
Old 14th Dec 2018, 2:25 pm   #6
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Getting back to this little TV. I've cleaned up the case and looked about inside. I couldn't see any obvious signs of problems so I gave it 12V from my bench supply. I got some glow on the screen, so I connected my old Manor Supplies pattern generator to the aerial input. After fiddling with the hold controls I got a reasonable picture. Even better after a shot of propan-2-ol to the vertical hold control kept the vertical oscilaltor on-frequency.

I've put it back together for the moment. I suspect the other controls could do with cleaning too, but at least there are no major problems with it.
Closed Thread