UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Jan 2013, 4:23 pm   #1
350i
Triode

Default No Radiophiles

Hi all,

Due to being pretty busy with work this last year I haven't had much time for anything else, suppose I'm lucky taking the economy into account. I haven't been able to read much and my Christmas edition of the bulletin is still un-opened at present, I noticed however my copy of the Radiophile hadn't turned up. Looking back I realised the Autumn edition hadn't been received either, has there been a problem with them or have I just been unlucky?

Cheers,
Trevor
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 5:16 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: No Radiophiles

There was a thread from DavidW [not me] 6th December Trevor. I've got 126 [summer] but as they go to my northern address, I can't tell you anymore except I hadn't received Autumn by Nov 2nd when I came south. There were some other recent posts about this though [it's almost traditional] and I for one always expect there to be a delay built in. It was pointed out, however, that Chas himself was doubtfull that his longevity and lack of helpers would allow him to carry on with as many events etc in the future! [I think Cowbit was mentioned]. Can't seem to find these posts on here now
I'm planning to subscribe as usual unless advised otherwise.

Cheers,
Dave W
In Bexhill
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 6:11 pm   #3
Aerodyne
Octode

As I recall, Chas mentioned in the last edition of the 'Radiophile' that he was considering dropping some of the 'expositions' (Chas' word, not mine) because of the problems in finding help with setting up beforehand and clearing away afterwards. Cowbit was an exception to this - he stated that he intended to keep the Cowbit meeting running.

There has been no magazine since issue 126 as far as I know. Certainly I don't have one. As I haven't heard from Chas recently I don't know if there's any significant problem over and above the usual late issuing situation.

We should be aware that putting a regular magazine together is not for the faint-hearted. As a one-off it would be possible for most of us to achieve, but year on year? That's a daunting task. Remember too that he is basically running things single-handed, including the auctions.
Tony
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 6:42 pm   #4
kalee20
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
We should be aware that putting a regular magazine together is not for the faint-hearted. As a one-off it would be possible for most of us to achieve, but year on year? That's a daunting task.
That's my thoughts, too. I know the outfit that I've subscribed to, and if the Radiophile is late, then I'm not surprised.

Let's hope that nothing has happened to Chas that we don't know about!
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 8:28 pm   #5
350i
Triode

Many thanks for the replies. Now my post has been moved to the correct section I've noticed the other post Dave. Summer 2012 is the last one I got, so I assumed I was missing both Autumn and Winter.
Sounds like I must be up to date after all then.
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 9:26 pm   #6
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Winter in Eccleshall (Hyndesyte Hall) is usually mid March - I'm sure it is normal service, Chas seemed fine when I saw him early December.

Cheers
Sean
Old 4th Jan 2013, 5:38 pm   #7
Mark James
Hexode

I spoke to Chas today. He is fine although like many of us has had one of the viruses which are going around. Issue 127 of the Radiophile is printed and will go in the post this weekend. He now has no problems with help at the Radiophile events which will carry on as before.

Mark
Old 4th Jan 2013, 7:18 pm   #8
Paul Stenning
Administrator

All good news then (apart from the virus). Thanks Mark.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 4th Jan 2013, 9:15 pm   #9
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Let me say Chas has done very well over the years i having been a subscriber from day one and probaly not the correct way to put it,is not like the rest of us getting any younger.

Have known him for many years now from the days when i used to get down to help as a steward on the door.
Old 5th Jan 2013, 12:40 pm   #10
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Arrived today! Excellent as always.As i add are all the radio mags around.
Old 5th Jan 2013, 5:52 pm   #11
kalee20
Dekatron

Mine arrived this morning! Guess what I'll be reading tonight by the fireside?
Old 5th Jan 2013, 9:21 pm   #12
Horris
Hexode

Received mine this morning, looking forward to yet another good read.

Dave
M0HBV
Closed Thread