UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Jan 2007, 11:59 pm   #1
Zelandeth
Heptode

Default Dealing with faulty slider controls.

Sanyo DCA M15 amplifier; cracking system, aside from one thing. Those pesky slider pots used for volume controls. They were slightly crackly when I bought the system six years ago, but generally behaved themselves if given a highly technical "wiggle" now and then, rarely doing anything untoward if they were left alone.

Finally however, they've started to be a right pain, with the channels dropping out now and then until the slider's given a prod.

Advice please anyone ?

Last edited by Darren-UK; 2nd Jul 2007 at 11:06 pm. Reason: Pruned to stick to point in question.
Old 11th Jan 2007, 12:24 am   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Sanyo DCA M15 amplifier, volume sliders...

Hello!

Carefully take them apart, clean with IPA or Servisol, retension the springs, polish any tarnish off the metal bits with Brasso, grease lightly and reassemble.

I suspect the results will be worthwhile.

Nick.
Old 11th Jan 2007, 12:37 am   #3
Zelandeth
Heptode

Default Re: Sanyo DCA M15 amplifier, volume sliders...

Might have to give that a shot a the weekend...never occured to me that aside from giving them a blast with electrical cleaner (which I did try - and I think helped a bit) that the components themselves might be servicable...

Makes sense now you mention it of course! Thanks.

...then to get me a valve amp of some sort...just because I really should...
Closed Thread