UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Apr 2013, 8:29 am   #1
Ekcoman
Heptode

Default Vinyl cloth covering restoration for old record players

A quick tip to bring back a nice lustre to the old covering on some record player covering, once carefully cleaned, is to use a car vinyl clear/white wax.
It's used for plastic trims and internal plastic fittings. "Back to Black" I can recommend. DONT USE CHEAP IMITATIONS that can be found in Pound Shops and careful not to use the Black Wax Liquid. If you do use, go easy with the amount you use. Maybe try on the underside as a starting point.
Think you'll be rather delighted with the improvement but it may not suit all tastes and all finishes.
Old 5th Apr 2013, 4:27 pm   #2
brenellic2000
Octode

Default Re: Vinyl cloth covering restoration for old record players

I always found good old boot polish worked wonders on vinyl, and of course leather! There is also a dye based scuff-polish which masks scuff marks all available in many colours.

Barry
Closed Thread