UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Jul 2005, 10:37 pm   #1
adibrook
Retired Dormant Member

Default Big Ecko thing

Thers an antique/junk shop near our old drumemrs hosue that i viseted on sunday. In the windows a big Ecko radio. I'm not sure about the model, but i remember it had a big tuning knob, and there were buttons for what looked liek preset stations going down the right side.

The tuning scale looked like a clock face, with a clock hand type thign pointing at the stations.

I know this isnt that much information (thats all i can remember) but does anyone know anythign about this?

Unfortunatly it was shut (sunday) so i could ahve a look at it or enquir about the price.

Can anyone suggest a reasonable value for it? Like how much woudl be enough for me to think "it's a ripoff" and walk out?

If it's old or desirable in any way than i suppose it might be worth a look. But if it's not really an interasting set than it's way too big for me.
Old 18th Jul 2005, 10:51 pm   #2
mickjjo
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Big Ecko thing

Hi Adi, This sounds like the Ekco PB 189, Details here:-

http://www.classicwireless.btinternet.co.uk/ekcoj.htm

I suppose value is in the £20-50 range depending on condition, not particularly rare though , The novelty is in the motorised tuning system. .

Regards, Mick
Old 18th Jul 2005, 11:15 pm   #3
adibrook
Retired Dormant Member

Oh...ok.

The two bars across the speaker grill are not there, and the speaker grill cloth itself is not original, since it has a flower pattern.

I'v never seen another one, so i didnt know, but now that i'v seen some pics, it seems that the one in the shop has suffered some "repairs".

Next time i'm up there, i'll see how much it is.

Thanks for the info
Old 19th Jul 2005, 7:32 am   #4
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Hi Adi
Important to look inside it, as well, when you base your decision on cost.
And, without saying, try to ensure that they have not tried to switch it on!