UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Nov 2015, 1:13 pm   #41
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Re: Sutton Coldfield BBC R4 FM seems poor at the moment?

The situation has got better without doing any more over the past couple of days. A few days ago - when the fault started - I recall it was very rainy here. Once again, it points to a problem with water ingress at the aerial/downlead. I guess the water, to some extent could have dispersed over the past few days. Anyway, reception on R4 is much better, fine in fact, but my 'roof man' is still booked in to come over and check what is going on. Like I said earlier I suspect that the downlead from the aerial does not enter the plastic junction box at enough of an upwards direction, if at all. Or water might be getting in through poor sealing of the box/lid itself. I'll get there!