UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Mar 2019, 2:18 pm   #1
Steve_McVoy
Pentode

Default 2019 Early Television Convention.

This year's convention will be May 3-5 in Hilliard, Ohio, USA, a suburb of Columbus. Registration is now open:

www.earlytelevision.org/2019_convention.html
Old 6th Mar 2019, 12:41 am   #2
PaulM
Hexode

Default Re: 2019 Early Television Convention.

I feel that this needs a bounce! I went to this convention almost 10 years ago and what a friendly, interesting and wide-ranging event it was too!

Late last year, I was able to visit the museum again and it continues to develop with such a fantastic collection and such a power-house of knowledge to support it. It's a 'real' bricks-and-mortar museum which now covers pretty much all aspects of television from camera to receiver (including lots of pre-war British sets). The highlight for me was the OB truck ('TV Remote Van' in US-speak) which must surely be the oldest, most complete and best preserved anywhere in the world by far. See: http://www.earlytelevision.org/wgsf_van.html

If I can see a way of going this May, I will, but there's so many of my own projects to attend to this year.

Good luck to Steve, it's a great job you've done there and I so wish that I could do something like it in the UK. Just need a 'sugar-daddy' to help fund it!

Best regards,

Paul M

PS to Steve, could you perhaps add our three OB trucks to your site, please? Our 'Vivat', is now nearing completion and it will be the oldest fully operational unit in the world, but still a spring-chicken compared to the one at the museum!

Paul M
www.becg.org.uk
www.projectvivat.co.uk
www.golden-agetv.co.uk
Closed Thread