UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Nov 2018, 5:44 pm   #21

Default Re: This is worth listening to

I have listened to it, fascinating, at about 24 mins in there is something extraordinary.

Old 11th Nov 2018, 11:36 pm   #22
G4YVM David
Heptode

Well, well, well. Today I was listening for numbers stations, so I was expecting to here spooky stuff, BUT...

Tuning through 7.100 upwards (so through the amateur SSB portion) with the filters wound down a bit, but not too much, and tuning quite fast to get through the band I heard the words "frequency, freq, freq, frequency, frequency, freq, frequency". I nearly jumped out of my seat I can tell you. I went down again and repeated it...same thing. I tried tuning and listening the other way, not the same at all. Back UP and yep, there it was.

I opened the filters wide and it stopped, screw them down again and tune up...freq, frequency, frequency.

An amazing and shocking effect.

David
Old 14th Nov 2018, 12:57 pm   #23
boxdoctor
Rest in Peace

I resent having to "sign in" to play material that my licence fee has helped to finance.
Seems like the B.B.C. is going the way of many other on-line services, amassing data just because its there to collect.
Thanks rambo1152 for that link avoiding the B.B.C. player.
I thought the programme was over-dramatised (as usual), but nevertheless interesting. Tony.
Old 14th Nov 2018, 1:45 pm   #24
Station X

Thread closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station X View Post
Please can we the discus the radio programme rather than the licence fee and the need to sign in to the BBC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Tanuki View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamishBoxer View Post
They need to know you have licence,and yes I find it annoying as like most of us I have a licence.

As a public service, we want to make sure the BBC is the best it can be for everyone. That’s why we’re making it more personal.
I don't need any licence to listen to the radio.... so why should I need to 'sign in' and provide personal details to listen to this?

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Closed Thread