UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Sep 2023, 11:24 pm   #1
Alan Bain
Pentode

Default HP plastic slide switch knob

I'm looking for one of the HP slide switches (and its spring) to replace one broken in a generator (8672A). It's the short type, not the longer one used in the 8640. Photos show an unbroken one for comparison and the broken one and its contacts.

I thought I'd buy a scrap pulse generator and extract one; but it seems that I cannot bear not to fix anything (inkjet printers excepted) that says HP on it, so this plan isn't working. I think they were used quite widely e.g. 8620 sweeper, 3762 data generator, 8007, 8012, 8082 pulse generators of the troublesome slide switches era. So asking in case anyone has a really scrap HP specimen (mouse ate wiring) that could help me out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SlideSwitch (Medium) (2).jpg
Views:	44
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	285161   Click image for larger version

Name:	sw1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	285162   Click image for larger version

Name:	sw2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	285163  

Last edited by Alan Bain; 17th Sep 2023 at 11:32 pm.
Closed Thread