UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Jun 2007, 2:10 pm   #1
Station X

Default Pye New Baby Q. How do the batteries fit?

I think I can answer most of this question myself, but feel free to correct me.

The HT battery obviously fits in upright with the terminals facing inwards. If they faced outwards the plugs on the HT leads would foul the rear cover. There is a piece of foam rubber glued to the back of the speaker to prevent the battery moving.

The LT battery sits on top of the HT battery as shown in the picture. My question is what holds the LT Battery to the wooden bracket. There are two metal angle plates with holes and I guess a piece of string, ribbon or elastic fits through them. I'm thinking about using a cable tie.

Batteries were supplied by forum member Bill the Batterymaker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	10372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Batterybracket.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	10373  

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 20th Jun 2007, 4:00 pm   #2
Robert Darwent
Heptode

Default Re: Pye New Baby Q. How do the batteries fit?

Hi Graham

I've got one of these sets too, and the batteries do fit the way you have them in the images. In my set the metal angle plates you mention still have thick pieces of string attached. So this must be how the LT battery was intended to be secured

Robert G0UHF
www.wavesintheair.co.uk
Closed Thread