UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 4th Feb 2015, 2:08 pm   #1
oldmoley1
Tetrode

Default Panasonic 616 Easa-Phone PABX

I've just acquired a Panasonic 616 PABX which I'll be using to run some more of my collection of old phones on. I'm having some difficulty in getting some of the phones to ring, which I think is probably due to ring capacitance (or the lack of it!), and should be able to sort this out. However, although extension 21 works, the dial tone from that extension is very faint indeed, irrespective of what phone is connected to it. This is not exactly a show-stopper, but does anyone have any idea of what might be causing this, and whether repair is likely to be easy? Dial tone from all other extensions is fine.

Many thanks.
Old 7th Feb 2015, 10:03 am   #2
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Default Re: Panasonic 616 Easa-Phone PABX

At http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum you may get some help. That page are mainly US and the software are slightly different. dsk
Old 7th Feb 2015, 2:34 pm   #3
OscarFoxtrot
Heptode

possibly a partial short on across the pair.

It may be worth stripping the PBX down and checking for disintegrating plastic goo on the PCB.
Old 7th Feb 2015, 5:08 pm   #4
Oldcodger
Nonode

Ringing problems on Panasonic can be due to frequency phone is tuned to . e.g certain BT Fax machines etc will not ring on a lot of Panasonic kit, as they are designed for BT ringing cadence, whereas on most Panasonic PABX the ringing cadence is set at a different frequency . Ext 21 is the programming extn ,the 616 being a double 308 ,with the difference of the programming feature on 21. Key phones are wired as 4w ( A&B to 2 & 5, data to 3 &4, polarity is not important, with no capacitor ) .Having a master socket in place of a slave can cause all sorts of weird faults on keyphones.
Closed Thread