UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Dec 2010, 10:52 am   #21
Retired
Heptode

Default Re: Woodworm treatment update

Hi,

I recently bought a Mullard radio and Ekco TV both have what appear to be ancient flight holes but I wanted to be sure there was still no activity.

I don't have any woodworm killer but recently we were attacked by cat fleas. A friend recommended a product called INDOREX. It comes in a 500 ml spray can and is a powerful weapon against fleas. Our can cost £18 from a local vet but it is available much cheaper on the Internet.

I gave both the radio and TV a good dosing ensuring I sprayed directly into all the holes. Out of curiosity I've just checked the ingredients which are;

Pyriroxyfen. Permethrin. Piperonyl.

This product will kill adult fleas; larvae and eggs. It prevents re-infestation for up to 12 months.

Indorex is extremely flammable; Xi irritant and N Dangerous for the environment. The can has a whole list of warnings.

Containing PERMETHRIN this Indorex would appear to be ideal for eradicating woodworm?

Kind regards, Col.
Old 9th Dec 2010, 3:17 pm   #22
brenellic2000
Octode

Default Re: Woodworm treatment update

Permethrin used to be used for controlling scabies on human bodies too, but I wouldn't recommend adding it to a Radox bath!!

Barry
Closed Thread