UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 6th Mar 2012, 5:21 pm   #41
SeanStevens
Octode

Default Re: Does your telecom provider support pulse dialling?

A little off topic - but there are hand held tone generators available so that a standard phone can still be used on lines that no longer support pulse.

I must get one for the future!

SEAN
Old 6th Mar 2012, 11:28 pm   #42
Osiris69
Tetrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren-UK View Post
Or he could, being in the same area, take his mum's 746 home and try it on his BT line. If the problem's still present the answer is then obvious.
done this, all works fine on BT line, just not on Talk Talk, Tried my 706 on mums line with same results, works sometimes, tone phones work all times with no probs.
As per previous posts on this thread, Talk Talk offer no support on pulse dial, I was just pointing out that it does sometimes work.
Old 7th Mar 2012, 12:41 pm   #43
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Sounds to me as though the technology (as opposed to Talk Talk themselves) supports LD dialling but is much more fussy about timing than standard BT. If you have access to a 'phone that generates LD pulses electronically, you would probably find that it works more reliably - thus proving the point.