UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Feb 2005, 1:30 am   #1
igranic
Rest in Peace

Default Valve Valhalla in Cyberspace!

For those of you who are true valve tester anoraks, you may like to check out the following link to a German website, a sort of cyber valve valhalla. It includes a comprehensive collection of pictures and some diagrams, including details of home-built "pocket" valve testers.
For the benefit of those who do not understand German, you can copy and paste the link into the the Google website translator, which can produce some interesting phraseology!

http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Roe-Pruefer.htm

NOTE: I originally posted this in reply to the thread "anyone built a valve tester ?" in the Vintage Testgear forum. I have reposted it hear at Joe's suggestion.
Old 23rd Feb 2005, 12:13 pm   #2
joe
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Valve Valhalla in Cyberspace!

Well done,Igranic. I've added the home site as a link. It is www.jogis-roehrenbude.de.

It contains an enormous variety of subjects from, among many others, various Philips sets & what appear to be service data for DKE Volksempfangers, through valve amps, crystal sets, magic eyes, making "replacement" valves, and even a US article on a humane rat electrocutor!!!

Just wish that I could speak German.

Joe
Old 23rd Feb 2005, 2:55 pm   #3
McIntyre
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by igranic
......can produce some interesting phraseology!
The "bag tester" being such an example - obviously bag meaning portable.
Otherwise quite an interesting site with lots of info from a German perspective.
Old 24th Feb 2005, 2:16 pm   #4
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIntyre
The "bag tester" being such an example - obviously bag meaning portable.
Otherwise quite an interesting site with lots of info from a German perspective.
Well discovered!! What a fantastic site - have been thinking about building a valve tester for a few decades - may add it to the ever increasing job list.

The bit of Google translation that had me in tears was:
Loves tube amateur handicraftsmen and carrot breeder,
it was in March 2003 as me Jogi asked whether I could restore adequate carrot testing

There is a very interesting section on repairing a moving-coil movement as well, if you can survive the reference to a 'potash beer disk' and take note that a 'carrot plane is too rough.' Includes actually rewinding the coil! Wow!

Last edited by Mike Phelan; 24th Feb 2005 at 2:22 pm.
Old 24th Feb 2005, 4:00 pm   #5
mickjjo
Rest in Peace

Indeed a splendid site, Lots of projects showing a very high standard of construction and some ingenious amplifiers using some unlikely TV valves! Being a fan of the late great Stanley Unwin, I find that the translations are pretty good, once you've worked out that for example, "lattice"= "grid", and "throttle"= "choke" . This extract from the description of a "cats whisker" detector means exactly what it says.... .

As already said, he functioned protruding and is besides relatively stably in relation to vibrations. - who has small children, will know about which I talk.... .

Regards, Mick.
Closed Thread