UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Dec 2018, 5:27 pm   #1
karachay
Retired Dormant Member

Default Grundig TK148

hi. my friend grandfather die so he get some old electronic machines. one of them tk148. it was dead not working. he want i check it if i can turn back it life. i fix many parts of it but i get new problem and i cannot find why.

first it work mechanic way but no sound. but now when i try to rewind 2 wheels turning different way. play pause and ff working fine. rewind mode counter look like i am on ff mode it going up and 2 wheels turning different ways and some times wheels turning really slow in play mode.

any idea what is happenning

sory for bad english and thank you for helps...
Old 9th Dec 2018, 7:48 pm   #2
karachay
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Grundig TK148

i find the problems. i want to write it for maybe some one make same mistake. i clean inside it with wd40 cleaner cause its too much rusty. and when i clean moving metal parts with wd40 cleaner it go on small wheel i think name is Pressure Roller. so oil from wd40 make it slippery. and the volume problem i find that volume control resistor name is r506 on schematic 100k liner pot is broken. i short the resistor and all is fine now. but i need find the resistor for replace it and then all will be fne.

i am looking for that pot now. if any one know where can i buy it please write here. thank you for this web side. its good feeling that we have some place there in internet we can talk abouth old electronics and mechanics...
Old 10th Dec 2018, 2:40 pm   #3
ben
Dekatron

Good news!
Unfortunately I think the 100k linear pot might be unique to this machine. You might find something you can use on other Grundig machines from the early-mid 1970s such as radios, music centres, etc. So keep a look out for scrap units in local second hand markets or stores, or those sold as not working online, which you could use for parts.
Old 11th Dec 2018, 8:26 am   #4
Robstan234
Retired Dormant Member

Hi 100k linear pots are available at RS Components which you may be able to adapt.

Rob
Closed Thread