UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Sep 2006, 8:21 pm   #21
Focus Diode
Octode

Default Re: Fergi 3645 BRC 1400 chassis help needed

The PY801 can be fitted in place of the PY81 and PY800.

Thankfully the LOPT is very reliable in these sets and is the last component to suspect in the event of line output stage trouble, which cannot be said of certain other makes.

The tripler can fail if it's the "open" variety, but diagnosis is instant through the smell they can give off!

I've had very little trouble with the line output stage. One odd 625 only fault worth mentioning is a herringbone pattern covering one half of the screen. The line output valve's Screen Grid decoupling capacitor C115 is responsible. Might be a 1uF 350V or 0.1uF in this posistion.

Also worth mentioning the width control R142 and its feed resistor R143. Respectively they are 1M and 330K. They can overheat causing a burn up. Replacing the control with a 2M2 pot and changing R143 to 680K is recommended.

Look forward to hear about the KB set.
Well done again!
Brian
Old 19th Sep 2006, 11:41 pm   #22
tvden
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Fergi 3645 BRC 1400 chassis help needed

Brian many thanks for the extra info on this set I expect I will do some more work on it re the mods, as I have got he hang of this chassis now I will look out for another 1400 with a bigger screen as this is only a 16", the KB Aristocrat set is original IE no parts have been changed, I have been useing it like this for some time but some of the components are tired and need changing, but its viewable as it is, I hope to sort it sometime over the winter but another thread needed for this
Closed Thread