UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Dec 2018, 3:19 am   #61
Boater Sam
Banned

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.
Default Re: Silly screws

I have problems with oval heads on some IF transformer core screws, nothing seems to fit properly. Flattened tube is a poor fit, and often the twiddler has had a go before me with pliers.
Old 22nd Dec 2018, 7:03 am   #62
suebutcher
Heptode

Default Re: Silly screws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcodger View Post
I remember a technical meeting at a firm I worked at, where engineers were told to go out and buy a bottle of bright red nail polish, and once a bit of kit was repaired, paint the screws to prvent customer tampering,so geat was the problem.
You can get nail polish in almost any colour now, even a dingy mid-grey that matches the screw-lock lacquer in the old Philips tape recorders!