UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jul 2020, 8:54 pm   #61
poppydog
Banned

Default Re: RS Website

I just did my rs order and was charged the 6 quid for delivery, i just couldn't make it to 30quid to qualify for free delivery.
Cant help thinking buyers buying stuff for 99p etc with next day free delivery has ballsed it up for everybody else, am i the only one that feels this??

poppydog
Old 9th Jul 2020, 10:35 pm   #62
Boulevardier
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
I just did my rs order and was charged the 6 quid for delivery, i just couldn't make it to 30quid to qualify for free delivery.
Cant help thinking buyers buying stuff for 99p etc with next day free delivery has ballsed it up for everybody else, am i the only one that feels this??

poppydog
I suspect you're right, Poppydog - the free-postage on everything always seemed too good to be true.

But then we more mature types have very long memories, and probably don't always remind ourselves how the face value of money versus its purchasing power has changed over the last 60 years. After all, (AFAIK) you can't buy a packet of fags these days for six quid, and it would cost me £6 to get from Bristol to Bath and back - about 10-ish miles - on public transport (though I can't offhand think of any good reasons for wanting to go from Bristol to Bath). Us lot, on the other hand, can remember when six quid would have bought a whole load of things - 4 x Solon 25W soldering irons, for example, or about 30 PP9 batteries (is my memory and maths correct here?)

Perhaps we've all just got out-of-touch with real-life costs.

Mike
Old 10th Jul 2020, 12:28 am   #63
emeritus
Dekatron

If you are not an account holder, you only get free postage with on-line orders. I ordered just over £200's-worth of goods by phone last week and had £4.95 (plus VAT) added to the invoice. It is in their terms and conditions.
Closed Thread