UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Aug 2018, 2:09 pm   #1
Spikeyboy
Retired Dormant Member

Default Avo CT160 questions

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions regarding the CT160 ?
I've recently picked one up for myself, and decided to work through the service manual and calibration. All functions are calibrated including fitting new calibration resistors.
However, when checking the Ia with a external ammeter ( been using my Fluke - A1 link opened and meter inserted) and setting up to test as per instructions, I can't get a reading on the external meter.

So, I asked a friend of mine to see if I could try and get a reading on his unit (setup the same), and I can't get a reading on that either!
now, am I doing this wrong, or, is the fluke somehow distorting the result ?

Regarding my friend's CT160 - he was curious to see how his stood up to calibration, the meter calibration resistors had drifted high, so replaced for correct 1.32M combo.
However, when calibrating the negative grid supply, link opened, I couldn't get the recommended voltage level of 20.8, the lowest I could get it with RV3 pot at full CCW was 22.2V. Would it be worth checking and replacing V2?

The other questions are regarding cosmetics!

Would any of you kind folk have a spare chassis fixing screw ( not sure of the correct name !), and the corresponding threaded insert that allows fixing of the chassis to the case spare, that I could possibly purchase ? (if you don't ask and all that !) my CT160 is missing these and my OCD can't stand it
Best, Steve.
Old 27th Aug 2018, 8:40 am   #2
Dekatron
Octode

Default Re: Avo CT160 questions

What model of Fluke do you have and what range/ranges are you using for these measurements?