UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Mar 2020, 8:40 pm   #1
Gridiron
Heptode

Default Small Philips box PHBB2

Does anybody know what this box is used for? It holds 8 AA cells, has an Ethernet? type socket on the box and plug on a flying lead, it came in a box of battery holders. Also marked Input 1 9V 220mA, Input 2 11V 60mA.
Mike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Philips box.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	200329  
Old 5th Mar 2020, 9:48 pm   #2
Lancs Lad
Heptode

Default Re: Small Philips box PHBB2

I would guess that it's a battery backup pack for a cordless phone base station. It enables your cordless phone to keep working when there's a power cut.

May also have a charging circuit built in, to keep the eight (rechargeable?) batteries topped-up, on trickle charge, ready for any emergency. If so, you'll need a suitable power adaptor for it.

Just a suggestion, hope it helps

I could be completely wrong, of course.....

Peter.
Old 6th Mar 2020, 12:29 pm   #3
Maarten
Dekatron

Since it's a Le Mans, France design from the code number, it must have something to do with cordless telephony. I agree it is likely to be a battery backup, which goes between the regular mains adapter and the base station. The dual voltage input is typical for Philips DECT stations.

Last edited by Maarten; 6th Mar 2020 at 12:36 pm.
Old 6th Mar 2020, 2:06 pm   #4
Maarten
Dekatron

I have a 9V 220mA/11V 60mA adapter on file as belonging to a TD5220 DECT set from 1997, likely other models from that era as well.
Old 6th Mar 2020, 11:46 pm   #5
Gridiron
Heptode

Thanks for the replies, Peter and Maarten, not a lot of use to me, if anyone could make use of it for the cost of postage please let me know.
Mike.
Old 7th Mar 2020, 10:08 am   #6
Lancs Lad
Heptode

Thanks, Mike

Not a lot of use to me either, I'm afraid, but wasn't it nice of them to send it to you!!

Peter.
Closed Thread