UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Feb 2021, 5:39 pm   #1
martinhog
Pentode

Default Boots CDX 2000 Radio/Cassette/CD

Hi, does anyone know how to get one of these radios apart ?. It had been forgotten in a cupboard but now I would like to get it going. The radio works well, initially the cassette turned but no sound was heard, after a few blasts in the mode select switch with some "canned air", cassette audio(quite good) is heard through the left speaker only. I guess the mode select switch is full of muck ? The CD does not spin up either. I have removed every visible screw but no joy. All answers appreciated,thanks.
Old 20th Feb 2021, 8:36 pm   #2
Tim
Dekatron

Default Re: Boots CDX 2000 Radio/Cassette/CD

Sometimes a screw can be hiding under a stick on label. I presume you have checked inside the battery compartment ?
Old 21st Feb 2021, 10:34 am   #3
martinhog
Pentode

Hi thanks for that. I have removed the screws from the battery compartment, but yes, there are 2 stickers on the rear so I will check them tomorrow, thankyou.
Old 22nd Feb 2021, 9:35 pm   #4
lightning
Heptode

ln my experience these are very rarely stuck or glued together so you can't get them apart. l don't know this unit specifically, but sometimes screws are hidden under handles, under knobs, inside the cassette door, and underneath rubber feet or stickers (as previously suggested)
Old 23rd Feb 2021, 11:46 am   #5
martinhog
Pentode

Morning all, thanks for your help. Tim was right when he mentioned a hidden screw !. Once removed along with the "do not open" label, it came apart easily. A good blast of Servisol has brought the cassette back to life in both channels. The CD still wont 'spin up' but that' something for another day. Thanks again for all your advice.
Closed Thread